Thursday, May 19, 2011

39 Weeks...and all is well

I might be sitting here tearing my hair out if everyone hadn't told me how I'd lose so much of it after the Lion was born.  Joking.  Kinda.  I thought after how much my body had been "prepping" this past week, that I'd have major news to report.  Even the doctor in anesthesia (I had to go pre-register at the hospital) thought he'd see me back there after my ob/gyn appointment.  BUT....BIG NEWS HERE....NOTHING CHANGED.  I am still fully effaced.  His head is still engaged.  The doctors still thought it was a great idea to say, "See?  I'm pushing back and forth on his head!"  Which, by the way, is really, really, painful, and I'd rather they didn't have that bit of fun.  But...still dilated just under a centimeter.  BAH.

I've been feeling pretty good, though, which has led me to rant at my father and co-worker (both male) who said, "That's great!  I hope you keep feeling good."  Um, no.  I want to feel crappy.  I want to meet the lil dude already.  As for stats?  I LOST 2 lbs this week, so we're BACK to a 30 pound gain (woo hoo!), and the blood pressure dropped (again), so it's back to normal, too.  Swelling's still bad, sleeping's still tough, still wearing out quickly.  I enjoy the movement a little more now that the Lion's more confined.  He still has moments where he presses really hard or swiftly in a given spot that doesn't feel so great, but more and more often, I can just play the "what body part is that sticking out of me" game.  He's still an active lil bugger!  That's been a blessing.  I have never had to wonder how he was doing in there, or do a kick count, or monitor the heartrate or anything like that, because he's so obviously enjoying himself!

Below is the same outfit on May 5th (37 weeks) and today (39 weeks).  I'm apparently still growing.  And getting lazier, as my hair is sopping wet today.  Man that's a horrible picture.  What am I thinking?  Oh well.  Here's to hoping this could be my final pregnancy update?  Please?!?! 

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh! This week! Come on lion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like he dropped!!!!! Maybe this means he's coming soooon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 30 pounds? That's great. I hope you feel crappy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ * ♥ * ~

    I just found your blog Katy and I'm totally in the same position!! My body has been "prepping" like crazy {started having regular bouts of contractions at 24wks!} and my midwife thinks I've had my hind waters leak three times!! Only problem? No effacement & no dilation. Bubba is due today and this is seriously driving me nuts!!

    Here's wishing you some real-thing contractions and here's hoping they are contagious!

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every morning I'm now wondering if when I check my email if I'll hear that you gave birth! Hang in there. Not that much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through a comment you left. I am a Katy too (don't know many people who spell it with a "y"). Hang in there! I was 3cm dilated with my first for 3 weeks (ahhh the anticipation) so I know exactly how you feel! I wish you a quick and safe labor, for you and baby!

    ReplyDelete