Monday, October 10, 2011

Lactation Cookies

Lactation cookies are a complete misnomer.  Don't get me wrong, I believe they do what they're supposed to, but it isn't like they make husbands produce milk.  If they did, we'd have a leaky Chris over here.  So let's call them what they really are, "OATMEAL CHOCOLATE  CHIP COOKIES".  This is not my recipe, but it is absolutely everywhere on the internet, and I got it from a friend, so I have no idea who to give credit to.  So...here ya go.



Ingredients:

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 350°.

- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 5 minutes.

- Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar.

- Add eggs.

- Add the flaxseed and vanilla, beat.

- Mix together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.

- Add dry ingredients.

- Stir in oats and chips.

- Bake for 12 minutes.


Review:

These are FIBER HEAVY COOKIES.  All 3 of us in the house were feeling the effects.  Take that as you may.  Other than that they were delicious, but I'm really not sure how much they did for production.  I did say to Chris a few times that I'm not really sure there's a difference between these and eating a granola bar and drinking a beer, but hey, it's an excuse for cookies.  Enjoy!

 

1 comment: