Thursday, September 1, 2011

Can't believe I videotaped myself...

I love listening to how people talk, and I suppose that was my motivation to actually record myself doing the accent post that's going around.  I'll try and give a disclaimer that I had been at the pool and was totally grungy, and the angle's really funky...but whatever.  It's me.  Take it or leave it.

The point is to see how people say different words in different regions.  I am a messed up amalgamation of language.  I have lived in Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, New Hampshire, Ireland, and Illinois.  And my parents are from New York.  So...just try and figure out where I get my messed up speech pattern.



The instructions are to say these words:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

And answer these questions:
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you use to change the TV channel? 



***Confession***
My fond memories of TP-ing are really one incident where my girlfriends and I were going to get a frenemy's house, and half of us (myself included) chickened out and sat on a bike path in the middle of the night talking.  Well, and the many times I got stuck cleaning up our yard after my brother's friends got our house, and it "might have been mine".  BULL.

3 comments:

  1. Yours is the first one of these I've seen where you knew the answer to the rain question! I don't think you have much of an accent, but then again, I think mine may be kinda messed up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! love it. your accent is neutral sounding to ME. And you look awesome for having no make up/hair done.....if I had 0 make up and flat hair you'd be like, ummm dude... go put some on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MADE. MY. DAY. This is awesome! And you look FAB, girl!

    ReplyDelete