Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weight Loss Victory

YAY!!! I've got a new 2nd digit to my weight. It's still not the one I'd like, but we're 10 lbs away!!! Then I'll be back to where I was when I moved to Pennsylvania 3 years ago. Over the course of 3 years, I've gained 20 pounds. I want to choke just thinking about it. But we're down 10. Took longer than I'd like, but getting there. Still have 4 months until the wedding. Gonna pull this off.

I guess associated with New Years resolutions, there are a few goals I've set:

1) Lose the weight (ideally, 15 lbs left, but 10 and I will be dancing)
2) Get back to swimming a mile at a pop (only at 1/2 a mile right now)
3) Run the 5k on April 10 (need to be ABLE to by March 1, currently at like 2.5 miles?)
4) Run the 10m race May 2 (training needs to kick into HIGH gear)
5) I would LOVE to do the Happy Valley Sprint Triathlon in July, but I don't know if that will happen.

The tools I'm considering:
The Tanita Body Fat Monitor - it has some great reviews, our scale is busted, and it would be nice to know about FITNESS not just weight.


The Retro Bandeau Bikini from Victoria's Secret. Ok. This may not seem like a weight loss tool, but I think it's super cute, and would LOVE to wear it on my honeymoon. Considering buying it, taking a picture in it NOW, and putting it on my fridge. If that doesn't control what I do, nothing will!

As always, any suggestions are welcome, along with any challenges or bets.

No comments:

Post a Comment