Tuesday, October 27, 2009

100 Mile Challenge

So, I am floored by the book, and the television show challenging people to eat locally, and to limit their consumption to 100 miles. We try to be conscious of eating seasonally, getting US-grown foods, and shopping our local farmers market, but to get EVERYTHING locally? I think I'd fail in a few seconds flat. I think spices would be my downfall. We live in an area that has a vast selection of fruits, vegetables, and quite a lot of the country is fed by things that are local...however...I'm just not that optimistic. I think I'll continue to try and make better choices, but I think a strict adherence to the 100-mile rule is just not in the cards, as much as I'd like it to be. If you think you can do it, here's the books:

No comments:

Post a Comment