Monday, August 2, 2010

My Idea of Vacation

My grandparents have a house on a lake in the middle of nowhere New Hampshire.  It is heaven on earth to me.  I know that this would not be the case for everyone, and even my brother is not quite as enthusiastic.  There are two kinds of vacationers.  Those who what to go, see, do, and those that want quiet relaxation.  I am part of the later camp.  Not that there isn't a lot to do on the lake!  It is merely low key.  You can swim, kayak, hike, read, pick blueberries...I could go on.  What you can NOT do is go to a four star restaurant and a Broadway show. 

But why would I want that when I have this peaceful scene right out the front door?  I try and make it up every year, but as all of the family has dispersed to parts farther and farther away from New England, it gets difficult.  I have missed 3 years since I was born.  One of them being last year.  I was devastated.  This year, I made it up, and was able to see both my parents and grandparents while I was there. 

I'm sure they'll love me for the not-so-fantastic pictures of all of them.  Everyone was doing really well!  We were amazed when we saw my mom.  Certainly made it easier to enjoy the week fully. 

Our little girl LOVED the lake.  In fact, we could barely keep her out of it.  Within seconds of arriving, she was so excited that she ran THROUGH a fence.  She has some nice cuts on her face now.  And we always tried to claim she was a bright dog. 

The scotties were alright with her.  Roonie (the chubbier one) was not a big fan.  He'd nip and squeal, but at the same time try and always be by her side.  It got better eventually.  Piper (the one in the solo shot) really liked Harper, but is just too old a lady to do much playing.  Was a little sad. 

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there!
    I just happened onto your site and your weekend looks a lot like mine! Lake weekends are the best aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having more relaxing vacations as well. I still like doing things, but nothing stressful or overly planned. The lake is one of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm that other type of vacationer. I don't even like beaches! I would have been bored and complaining about bugs, LOL!

    ReplyDelete