Tuesday, August 17, 2010

30 before 30


I turn 30 on January 4th, 2011.  I have come to the realization that this is pretty soon.  To the point that I cannot do one activity a week off my mid-life bucket list.  In fact, it is more like 2 activities a week if I want to achieve completion by then.  The list started with someone's bucket list that I found online, but I honestly don't remember where.  And...I don't think much of it survived.  These are minor challenges, due to time constraints, but all of which, I am eager to try and accomplish.  So, here is my list, feel free to laugh as I fail miserably.  These are in no particular order, and I do not know when I will cross each one off. 

1. Travel somewhere I've never been

2. Go to a costume party dressed to the nines

3. Identify someone who has inspired me and tell them

4. Climb a mountain

5. Discover a skin care routine that WORKS

6. Perform a kind deed to at least 5 strangers without expecting anything in return

7. Volunteer

8. Talk to 5 random people in the hopes of becoming friends

9. Experience a sunrise

10. Go stargazing

11. Plant a tree

12. Take the GRE

13. Throw a party

14. Go to a driving range

15. Learn wine appreciation

16. Achieve my ideal weight (125)

17. Learn to play the guitar

18. Take up dancing

19. Run a 10k

20. Complete a painting I’m willing to hang in my own home (instead of just my parents')

21. Improve flexibility so I can touch my toes.  (Honestly, nowhere close)

22. Redecorate a room

23. Bake a cake and decorate it WELL

24. Join a book club

25. Go vegetarian for a full month. No cheating.

26. Go skiing

27. Organize a picnic outing

28. Read at least one book a month.

29. Tell your parents and siblings that you love them.

30. Attend a different church

Honestly, the list is pretty staggering.  I don't know how I'll make it through it.  But, it's supposed to be a challenge, right?  And...just for kicks, my MoH just posted this picture from a decade ago, so I'll share how much we've grown since then.  Here's to growing older and wiser!
 

4 comments:

  1. WOW that is quite the list! I hope you get through it all! Is this starting now or is this just your life in general? Any already crossed off?
    ps- Have you tried proactive? I swear by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that list is completely doable! And I really like that so much of it combines relationships and kindness to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love bucket lists - I can't wait to hear about you accomplishing all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a random person, you can talk to me and we can be friends ;) Just came across your blog through PW. Take care!

    ReplyDelete