Tuesday, August 17, 2010
30 before 30
I turn 30 on January 4th, 2011. I have come to the realization that this is pretty soon. To the point that I cannot do one activity a week off my mid-life bucket list. In fact, it is more like 2 activities a week if I want to achieve completion by then. The list started with someone's bucket list that I found online, but I honestly don't remember where. And...I don't think much of it survived. These are minor challenges, due to time constraints, but all of which, I am eager to try and accomplish. So, here is my list, feel free to laugh as I fail miserably. These are in no particular order, and I do not know when I will cross each one off.
1. Travel somewhere I've never been
2. Go to a costume party dressed to the nines
3. Identify someone who has inspired me and tell them
4. Climb a mountain
5. Discover a skin care routine that WORKS
6. Perform a kind deed to at least 5 strangers without expecting anything in return
8. Talk to 5 random people in the hopes of becoming friends
9. Experience a sunrise
10. Go stargazing
11. Plant a tree
12. Take the GRE
13. Throw a party
14. Go to a driving range
15. Learn wine appreciation
16. Achieve my ideal weight (125)
17. Learn to play the guitar
18. Take up dancing
19. Run a 10k
20. Complete a painting I’m willing to hang in my own home (instead of just my parents')
21. Improve flexibility so I can touch my toes. (Honestly, nowhere close)
22. Redecorate a room
23. Bake a cake and decorate it WELL
24. Join a book club
25. Go vegetarian for a full month. No cheating.
26. Go skiing
27. Organize a picnic outing
28. Read at least one book a month.
29. Tell your parents and siblings that you love them.
30. Attend a different church
Honestly, the list is pretty staggering. I don't know how I'll make it through it. But, it's supposed to be a challenge, right? And...just for kicks, my MoH just posted this picture from a decade ago, so I'll share how much we've grown since then. Here's to growing older and wiser!