Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday 5: Things I am Grateful For

I know I have been trying to post what I'm thankful for daily, but I know I've missed enough days (and fully intend to not post on the weekend) that I will put up my 5 today.  As Kat said, and I mentioned in one post, this is for Sara's Gratitude Project 2011.




In no particular order:

1.  I am thankful that I still have a job.  It may be a struggle, and it may sometimes be in question, but I am no doubt blessed that it still exists.  And it's been great to be at home part-time with the Lion.

2.  I am thankful that I am musical.  And that the Lion appears to have inherited this.  I remember having a "heated debate" with a fellow member of my choir in college.  He was quite pompous about his musical taste.  He would only listen to opera or classical music and thought anything else was drivel and a waste of time.  My response was that, certainly, not all music was complex and challenging, but sometimes all you wanted was something that could immediately set a mood, whether it be cheerful, somber, or sexy.  He even acknowledged that that argument was valid...as long as I realized that the music was crap.  I am merely thankful that I can appreciate it all!

3.  I am thankful, that even if it takes prompting, I have a husband that will tell me I look pretty when I haven't showered and am wearing sweats.

4.  I am thankful for all the hardworking medical researchers that are out there making strides.  Especially those of them that can actually get their research STARTED.  (hmm hmm....exercise guy)

5.  And, as fluffy as it gets.  I'm thankful for a cold beer on a Friday night while watching football on the couch with my husband after the kiddo goes to bed.  Off to do that.  ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment