Friday, January 7, 2011

King of the Jungle


Yes, our little lion is a KING. Or a BOY. However you want to put it. I have been right all along (thank goodness!). I would have been genuinely happy either way, but if they had told me "girl", it would've taken quite a bit of getting used to, just because of how certain I've been since day one.  Chris, on the other hand, is just relieved.  He even was cursing friends who dared to guess "girl" on facebook.  I think that he might've regretted saying that had the Lion turned out to BE a girl, but apparently he felt strongly. 

I also can finally BREATHE because he is healthy in every way they can determine by ultrasound.  All the limbs and organs are as they should be, and the environment seems to be supporting him just fine.  So, I can quit fretting (at least until I come up with some other reason), and try to keep up on my water-drinking so that the fluid levels STAY where they should be. 

Chris thinks I'm imagining it, but I believe I lucked out and the Lion got his nose.  That is another thing I've been saying all along is that I'd appreciate if that one feature at a minimum could come from him.  See?  Isn't he a cutie?


Now, in two important ways, the Lion seems to be imitating my brother...aside from being due within a couple days of his birthday.  1st up?  He's already weighing in at 12 oz.  That can of soda you're holding may not seem heavy, but at 20 weeks?  I may be getting the chunker that would fit right in the family.  Chris, my brother, and all my cousins all weighed 9.5+ lbs.  I was just under 8, but...was a week early.  I think I'm looking at some fun labor, ya'll. 

2nd?  He's already a thumb sucker.  My brother had his thumb permanently glued to his mouth into elementary school...until my parents bribed him with many packs of baseball cards.  Even at that young age, my financial genius of a brother knew the true value of things.  For thumb-sucking proof...see Exhibit B:


 This week has been wonderful, and I couldn't ask for more.  I am so happy that my little man is doing well, and I've gotten another chance to see him!

4 comments:

  1. OH CONGRATULATIONS! SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU- THIS DESERVES AN ALL CAPS COMMENT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! congrats on your little man and i am glad that all went well at your appointment! i remember that I was SO nervous up until that 20 week ultrasound and hearing the good report helped put me at ease. i still prayed throughout for a healthy baby, but i definitally wasnt as worried as i had been in the beginning! hope you are doing well! and you look beautiful in the wedding pictures with your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...the water thing gets tough...at least with me. I drink at least 9 glasses of water a day, and I'm still dehydrated when I wake up in the morning. That combined with the shrunken bladder makes for frequent bathroom trips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!@!! we're having a girl so I won't be copying your nursery ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete