Friday, November 5, 2010

Dogs have the Memories of....Elephants?

I'm not sure this is a true statement, but I was floored when we went to the dog park on Wednesday.  Harper was being a maniac...bouncing with energy, even before we got to the park.  When we arrived, however, she darted straight to the center of the fenced area and started jumping ALL OVER a woman.  I was slightly horrified.  I went over and apologized profusely, but the woman laughed and said, "Don't worry about it, I'm used to it.  I'm a dog walker."  At that point, I said, "C'mon, Harper, let's leave her alone."  To which the woman gushed, "Harper!  I knew I knew this dog!"

Turns out that she works for the dog walking service that we use and when I used to travel out of state weekly to go to a client site earlier this year, she was the one that would walk the dog.  I finished that project in...April maybe?  It's been awhile.  But Harper still definitely knew who Robin was!  (It is also reassuring that obviously she was well taken care of and a big fan of her walker!)

1 comment: