Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mission Patio: Complete

We had a LONG weekend once Chris got home from his test.  Friday night, I drove over to where we used to live to get his favorite Chinese food, and we watched Hurt Locker.  Both were great.  But that's about as much energy as he had left.  That and the ability to enjoy the beer that his work had given to him.  (Thanks guys!)

Saturday, up early, I walked Harper about 3.5 miles while Chris and Matt got rolling on moving the gravel into the pit we had dug last weekend.  As soon as I got back, I started helping...and making coffee, and picking up bagels, and various other ways to spoil those breaking their backs.  Don't get me wrong, I certainly transported a lot of gravel, and tamped a lot down!  Along with tamping my big toe...that HURT.  We then went to obedience class, Matt went home, I got my first facial EVER (Erin at Antoinette is WONDERFUL for anyone interested), and then it was back to work.  Well, after I stopped at TJ Maxx to get a pair of jeans that actually FIT.  Guess jeans for $30 that look amazing.  SCORE.  I now do not have to fear that Chris is going to de-pants me in public.  He was finding it way too tempting with the jeans hanging off my rear like a plumber. 

Back to work.  That night, even though it was FREEZING and getting dark, we cut the 4x4's to surround the patio.  Incorrectly.  But we didn't know that at the time.

Sunday.  We laid the sand, the brick, re-cut the 4x4's, fixed the brick, swept the sand between the bricks to stabalize, and VOILA!  Patio.  Chris is STILL barely moving because he's so sore.  I, on the other hand, ran 7 miles yesterday and lifted.  Ok, I RAN 3.5 and walked the dog.  Still.  We're pretty pleased with how it turned out.  Though, of course it could be a bit more level, and if there's a next time we'd do a few things differently.  Proof of our labor:





4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this looks amazing!!!! Good job! Now do you want to come over and do our walk-way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great!! And I am super impressed with your physical fitness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out great! Was there a reason you didn't make it square (like you have plans for that space) or were you just looking to make it more visually interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mostly because we have such a small yard! We wanted a square that was large enough for a table and chairs, but also space for the grill. Born out of necessity, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete