Thursday, July 22, 2010

One Step at a Time: My Plan Going Forward

Ok.  This week I can breathe.  That's saying a lot ya'll!  Obviously, though, I've got to make some changes going forward.  I still am not going to fully discuss what all went down, but one major thing was career-oriented, and the other...well, health related.

So, what am I going to do about it?  Let's talk about the health side of the equation.  Here's my current plan:

1)  I would like to run either the 1/2 Marathon in March or Full Marathon in November 2011 as a fundraiser.  To that end, I need to start running again.  I used the foot as an excuse for too long, the x-ray never showed a fracture, and I need to start.
2)  I WILL be running a 10k October 23.  Mostly as a warm-up.  I need to send in the registration.
3)  I WILL continue being healthy with my diet.  I have not touched meat in a week.  I have had ice cream and Chinese food, but I'll chalk that up to stress-eating, and that's over.
4)  I am up 5 pounds from the wedding.  That means I am 10 pounds from my goal weight.  I give myself until I turn 30.
5)  Oh, yeah, I'm turning 30 in 5 months.  I plan on getting myself on track so that 30 is even better than 20.  (ha!  Ok, 20 I was terribly underweight, so...in a different way)  I may turn this into some way to make myself accountable, but...to be determined.

I think that's enough for now.  Even putting any of this out there was hard.  Onwards and upwards!

1 comment: