Monday, May 24, 2010

The Family Arrives

Thursday, our immediate families had arrived in town and we got to share a relatively quiet day preparing.  Chris and I drove from Pennsylvania with the dog in the back seat on Wednesday, and jumped into warp speed.  I met with the seamstress, and amazingly did not have to take in the dress any further!  I lost 20 pounds between when I bought the dress and my wedding day (Though I probably gained it back this weekend!), and 10 pounds since she had last fitted it.  It was loose, but comfortable, and looked nice.  So we left it.

Thursday morning, we were at the license bureau by 8 am for our wedding license, rushed back so I could make a 9:45 hair trial, then let the boys go out golfing.  My dad, brother, Chris, and our neighbor who was doing music for the wedding golfed at the country club on what is normally a closed course.  They were more than excited to have access to it!  Not surprisingly, Mr. Williams demolished everyone, though my father played well, too.  Chris...doesn't get to play very often and spent substantial amounts of time in the rough.



That evening, Chris's parents, my parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and Chris and I went to Buca de Beppo for dinner.  There's nothing like over-sized portions of food and great house wine to relax nerves.  Of which I had none.  The entire weekend.  Apparently my mother was tense, but I was almost bizarrely calm.  Chris may have been freaking out a bit too, but consider what he was about to do?  I mean, really, who would want to end up with me?


Sorry Mr. P, I have to put up the photo of you coughing to show that Mrs. P was in fact happy, and the previous picture was just an anomaly.


How has my LITTLE brother already been married 3 years?!?!  Love them!


And the star of the show:

No comments:

Post a Comment