Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Free Time

Well...if I'm not getting blog posts up, I have no excuse any more.  I have plenty of time!  My hours at work have been reduced by 1/2.  I have been expecting this, but it still will be difficult financially.  I have been eluding to this for some time, so obviously, it has not come out of left field that lay-offs were coming down the pike.  I just was hoping that it might be closer to my due date so that we could try and save a bit more money first.

I'm also even more stuck than I felt before.  It's pretty clear that I'm not just chubby, but rather pregnant.  And, while it would be illegal to discriminate against me, I think that there are enough people looking for work right now that any company I applied with would be able to find an equally suitable candidate...that wouldn't have a conflict in about 5 months. 

So, I will try and be entertaining and talkative, though, we shall see.  God never closes a door without opening a window, right?

3 comments:

  1. Thinking about you, Katy! Hang in there, and you're right about the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there girl! We're all here for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about this!! And I'm sure you will figure out a way to make things work. Stay strong. :)

    ReplyDelete