Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Book Recommendation: Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day

I have seen many blogs touting the wonders of this book, and it is admittedly why I wanted to buy it, but I need to add my voice to the crowd.  Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day is truly all it is cracked up to be, and a staple of my cookbook collection. 


I always enjoyed making my own bread, but this book makes it much more efficient and doable on any week-day.  Their innovation is that you can make a large quantity of moist dough which is then kept in the fridge for up to TWO WEEKS, and only needs a 40 minute rise before going into the oven.  Each batch of dough produces about 4 loaves.  I OFTEN will make the bread before work, and have it available for the day.  Pictured is their standard boule bread, though I did add some wheat flour to the mix. 


It's also a life-saver when due to your refusal to give up Cheerios, you have to eat 2nd breakfast.  Sigh.  I'm a fool.  But I'm a fool that really believes that you'd love this cookbook, too.

1 comment: