Thursday, March 31, 2011

Week 32 Update

As you all requested, I made Chris take the photos last night.  And it made for such a pleasant evening that it may never happen again.  Here is what I initially got:




Yes, I was as thrilled as I looked.  And there were many others in this flip-book series.  But pictures that work for an update?  Here's pretty much the only half-decent one where I have a head and you can see the gut:


How am I feeling?  DANGEROUS question today.  I'm exhausted because I was up approximately 15 times last night going to the bathroom and having abdominal pain.  I'm very nauseous because I dared to eat an entire bowl of cereal in a sitting.  I'm wishing I had a husband that could at least tell you what week I was on. 

What am I wearing?  The outfit above comes to you thanks to Megan...again.  I got complimented on it at the doctor last night, and I said, "Well, it's a hand-me-down that I have to return."  They laughed and said they'd never heard that one before, but I'm betting that's pretty standard in the sharing world of the pregnant belly.  Very little still fits.  Particularly my lower half.  Although, there are certainly shirts that don't cover anymore, either.  From starting at a size 4, we are now up to squeezing in size 8 maternity.

How's the Lion?  I finally got the nerve to force a doctor to stay in the room more than 30 seconds.  So I have some answers!  He is head down and is measuring at 31.5 weeks.  So...pretty much perfect and I was entirely right about what was a butt, a foot, a hand, and a head.

How much have I gained?  This was wonderful.  Only 1/2 a pound in the past 2 weeks, so I'm at 24 pounds (according to the doctor, 22 according to me because I had lost weight before my first appointment...same explanation as always).  This means I have a prayer of my goal of staying under 30!  Though, the kiddo is supposed to gain 4 more pounds himself before birth, so that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room.

Any symptoms/problems?  Well, as I hinted, I'm now re-visiting any meal that is larger than my fist.  It's very frustrating.  Also, my blood pressure was extremely LOW at this appointment:104/52.  I asked if I should be concerned, and they said it was still in an acceptable range, and they worry more with it getting high, so...guess I'll just let it ride.  

Sorry for the grouchiness...I'm now going to head to work and try to stay awake without coffee.  Can't wait for the day when I can grab a cup of Joe without guilt!!!

4 comments:

  1. I know you probably don't feel like it, but I think that you are looking great. I'm sure everyone keeps telling you that once the Lion is here you will forget all--- and guess what? They aren't lying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, though a couple of Chris's shots don't do you justice! One small cup of coffee won't hurt a thing, and I think that your blood pressure is fine, too. Sorry your stomach is bothering you, but I think the Lion and you are both fantastic!! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how youwere! You look fabulous though I know you may not feel it!! Hang in there - you are in the homestretch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for pregnancy update! Although boo that you are having issues keeping food down sometimes. I hope the last 8 weeks (or hopefully less!) pass quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete