Friday, March 11, 2011

Mission Productivity Underway

Wow.  So, in the last 3 days, I have read 2 books, traveled to Columbus, and I've already exercised this morning.  It's amazing what cutting out tv can free me to do.  I have seen some basketball and news between Chris and my parents watching, but that's pretty much it.  Oh, and I suppose my mom was flipping to watch American Idol last night, too.  But so far, no problem sticking to it.

The Books

  Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper

READ THIS BOOK.  I loved it and flew through it.  This is a very sweet, true story about a woman who adopts an eyeless kitten who proves to be even more adventurous and rambunctious that the standard, seeing cat.  He scares off burglars, survives 9-11, and many other adventures.  Even if you're not a cat person, you'd probably enjoy it.  Monster may have gotten some extra love while reading it, though.

  The Road by Cormac McCarthy

I decided to read this book because I thought that maybe just having a list to work through while I'm churning through reading material would work well.  I chose "The 100 Best Books of the Decade" according to the Sunday Times.  This may be a little UK biased because of the source, but seemingly a good list.  I actually surprised myself when I loved this book!  I inwardly groaned when I saw it was an Oprah's Book Club book.  I don't tend to choose particularly mushy, women-oriented books, and that's what I feared I was getting.  Nope!  Much more up my alley.  This is a post-apolyptic book about a father and son trying to survive as they travel across the desolate country.  Highly recommended.

Ok, I walked on a treadmill, went to a weight lifting class, and now am about to head out to get a pedicure (yay!) so I've got to run and make this shorter than it could be.  I am so excited, seeing as I can no longer reach my toes on my own. 

1 comment:

  1. You know what - I had CRAZY motivation at the end of my pregnancy too! Isn't that so freakin' weird??? I think it's totally crazy how I could complain about working out when I wasn't pregnant and then in my 3rd trimester I didn't miss a workout.

    ReplyDelete