Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patty's Day Lie

So...my whole life I've been so proud of being "mostly" Irish...and I've just learned the truth.  Thought, at least I'm ALL British Isles.  Not just an American Mutt.  From somewhere.  Kinda.  But the truth has come out...  I'm a mutt.  Per my aunt, my grandmother is 1/4 German and has a grandparent named Weaver.  How could you grandma?  Crush my shamrock dreams!  ;)

In all reality, explains where the blond hair and blue eyes came from.  My grandmother is a downright gorgeous woman.  Wish I had a picture to show you!  I have one alright picture.  Here ya go.  


Ya can't see the family resemblance at all, can you?  I know, lil creepy.  I'm so my mother's daughter...with my dad's eyebrows and coloring.  So, even thought I'm totally in an identity talespin, and having to acknowledge that my children will be primarily GERMAN (Chris is 1/2 German, 1/2 Slovenian), raise your pint and have a HAPPY SAINT PATS!   

1 comment:

  1. Hey, nothing wrong with being a mutt! (I'm 1/8 German, 1/8 Irish and 3/4 Mexican. That 3/4 has English, Spanish, and French mixed in there too. *sigh*)

    ReplyDelete