Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Dog is Trying to Kill Me

I know, I need to stop writing these posts.  Someone's going to think the dog's a danger to society.  Nope, just a danger to me.  Many people have now said that I'm going to be put in a bubble for the month of the wedding so that I can't injure myself anymore.  Might not be the worst idea in the world.

Last night a salesman stopped at our door to talk to us about windows.  Chris actually set up an appointment to get a quote.  I'm not sure how I feel about this, but, as he said, I guess a quote can't hurt.  We did this once before with a contractor that stopped at our door, and we decided we didn't trust him as far as we could throw him.  Anyway.  Harper is not used to visitors.  We need to work on this.  Any of you that are nearby, please feel free to come ring our doorbell on occasion.  She needs practice.  She starts barking her head off, and jumping at the door, SUPER excited.  Chris went to answer the door, and I went to grab and hold her.  In her excitement, she knocked me over.  Admittedly, this is not hard to do, since I still can't put weight on the one knee, and have no stability.

As I fell, I collided with the open, wooden door.  My left shoulder has a large, nasty-looking bruise, and my head has a big, tender egg.  I curled up on the floor crying.  Freaked out the salesman pretty badly, and he was not inclined to believe our "she's friendly" comments.  He did stop back later, though, as Chris said that he would have to so he could check on me.

Fortunately, Chris gave me the night off and walked the dog.  I can't keep walking on this knee.  I need to acknowledge that I need to REST it.  Not just get to the point that I can tolerate not taking pain killers, and then exercise on it, and inflame it again.  One day I will be whole.  I will, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment