Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dean Turned 1!

Happy Birthday, Dean!


I know, I know, I said we weren't going to make it to the party, but we did!  Amazingly, all of us were healthy and not contagious, and so we went after all.  And...admittedly, I never actually got pick eye.  I just got paranoid with all the rubbing and itching Chris was doing.  However, Friday...  Well, Robby had yet more trouble breathing, so I took him into the doctor.  Again.  For the second time this week.  It turns out he has ANOTHER round of double ear infections.  They said they have one more medicine left that they have not tried after this one, and then they'll talk tubes.  It scares me, though, because the one that's left is sulfa, and I'm allergic.  I know that means nothing, but, hey.  I'm an overly concerned mom.  It is what it is.


ANYWAY.  This antibiotic, other than upsetting his stomach, seems to be working VERY well for the little man, so he was cheerful.  Which is good because Tim and Cathy had quite the turn-out!  There were a ton of adults and children there, and it took about 20 seconds after we walked in the door for someone's grandma to try and get Robby to walk with her.  Unfortunately for her, he had been sleeping in the car and was not feeling sociable yet.  He warmed up quickly, though.  I think the only person he might have actually RECOGNIZED was Jen because she watched him within the past couple months.  That being said, we really need to make a point of hanging out with people more.


The decorations were adorable, and giraffe-themed.  And the food was perfect!  It was delicious for all of us adult-types, but Robby still made out like a bandit.  He had pizza crust, and grapes, and cucumbers, and a ham sandwich, and apple bread, and...I'm sure there was more.  He stuffed himself silly.


 And, of course there was cake!  Dean wasn't so sure what to make of that, though...



Dean seemed to enjoy himself and was as sociable as any good little host should be.  Which is impressive with the number of people filling his house!  I wouldn't blame a kid if he got overwhelmed, but not Dean!  He was a champ.  I can't get over how much all the kids have grown.  There were 4 of us that were pregnant at Cathy's shower, and now there's even a baby that's younger than any of them that was there!  Time flies.  Happy birthday, Dean!  We were so glad we got to celebrate with you!




2 comments:

  1. Love yalls little family picture! You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great seeing you and I'm glad that you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete