Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Robby at Work

Yesterday, I registered for daycare.  While many people have said how lucky I am to be working part-time from home with him, I feel like he ends up neglected, and I am more stressed out because my 4 hours of work end up taking 10.  The whole time I'm working, I feel guilty that I'm not interacting with him, and the whole time I'm interacting with him, I feel guilty I'm not working.  I need some compartmentalization.  So, it looks like I'll be in the office 3 days a week.  Anyway.  Here are shots of his normal day.

Even at this second, I am working to break this, but during the day, 99% of his naps occur in his swing:

Woo hoo!  Mom's talking to me!!!


Learning to self-soothe since mom's too distracted.  Hands are wonderful things: 

Even the dog feels neglected.  This is shot from my desk chair.

Eye-ing the wall of diplomas.  "This is what you studied for, Mom?"
 

Bring on the next round of mommy guilt!

4 comments:

  1. It is SO hard to balance work and the kids when at home. But you have to do what works for you. NO guilt! Although I know that's nearly impossible to escape too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so with you my friend. Daycare is a whole new thing of guilt, but try thinking about it positively. I drop P off every morning and think about how much more balance I am as a human being (because I'm very career oriented, so it's not for everyone) and that a happy mommy makes a happy baby. Then again, I cry on Fridays.....so. yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I did comment! Blogging is a small world! Well now I can blog stalk you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I have to ask. How many hours per week were you trying to work from home? I'm considering a similar set-up, working about 10 hours per week. I have no idea, though, whether I'll be able to handle it. Advice appreciated!

    ReplyDelete