Friday, January 29, 2010

Embarassing Confession

I have not bought myself a pillow since I was 20 years old. No one else has, either. My pillow, while the most fabulously comfortable thing EVER, is also very disgusting, and according to studies, about double its weight in dust mites. Which is bad, seeing as I'm allergic to them.

Ode to My Pillow
My head settles softly on your tender back
Sent floating gently to dreams
Although the hours I spend may lack
With you, that's not how it seems
I can always enjoy time in the sack.

I bought you long ago in Eire
A spontaneous purchase one day
On the way from downtown play
Now you're the curtain dress from O'Hara.

Ok, that was terrible. I tried. Here's a picture of the sad little has-been. Kinda. They're both Wamsuttas. Mine's scuzzier.
Alright, pillow. This is where we must part. I'm going to get a new one this weekend so that I can breathe again. I'm sorry. The end.

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone........I broke down FINALLY and got new pillows too.... Once I saw the show I freaked out........LOL

    ReplyDelete