Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Attempted Baby Photo Shoot

I am not a photographer.  I do not pretend to be a photographer.  I have a pretty good camera, that I have no idea how to use.  I'd love to take the time to learn, but it hasn't really happened.  However, I am also cheap.  Therefore, we have no portraits of the Lion.  Hopefully, we'll get some once he can sit up, since I think that would be fun.  At this rate, he'll also be crawling.  Which...may prove problematic.  Anyway, here are some of my favorites.  My biggest problem?  I don't have a backdrop, or any solid-color walls.  So, I tried to make do with some blankets that just never seemed big enough.  Feel free to tell me how I should just give up and pay someone.

 All the bears we had sitting around.  Confession:  I owned them all pre-baby, except for the blue one (Mr. Bear)


His best friend.  Mr. Bear.  Thanks to my brother's in-laws.


My happy boy.


He likes sucking on his lips right now.  Which is a little odd...but cute.


Admittedly?  This is a nursing shot.  I never thought I'd ever want a photo with him nursing, but since you can see absolutely nothing?  I'm kind of in love with this.


I swear I chose the lighting that looked best for the individual photo when I was editing.  But...this one looks really weird after the dark ones, I know.


And...at the very end I let Harper back in so she could participate.  


There were some pretty bad outtakes, since Robby wasn't so into this whole idea.  I'll just give you 2.  Didn't edit them at all.

Just THOROUGHLY licked.  You can see the dripping slobber.


Daddy's tie on the baby?  Cute in theory, not in practice.


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE them all!!! Great job, Ms. Photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't pay for baby portraits, because I too am cheap. Some tips: set up near the biggest window you have. Drape a blanket (or sheet; I used a fleece blanket) over the backs of some chairs for your backdrop, leaving enough on the floor on which to lay the baby. If you set the backdrop at a 45 degree angle to the window and be sure that there are no harsh rays or shadows coming in directly, this will give you lovely light. You can prop a reflector (either a sheet of white poster board or one of those silver sun shades from your car) against something on the opposite side of the baby from the window, but that's not necessary. Take some photos standing directly over the baby, and some while laying on the ground at his level.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... I LOVE them all, especially the last one with the tie!!!

    ReplyDelete