Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Update on the Chaos that is our Life

Breathing.  Many updates.

1)  The plumber came out and fixed the sink.  He was actually reasonably priced, on time, and friendly.  We actually found a plumber we'd be willing to call again!  This is a big deal, folks!

2)  We went with basement company #3.  Gonna cost an arm and a leg, but they're installing french drains on 3 walls, tearing out the old, moldy paneling, carpet, bar, etc., putting in a sump, and doing mold remediation throughout the basement and crawl space.  Should do it some time in the next week.  Maybe Chris will quit worrying about at least this crisis now.

3)  I'm still sick.

4)  Chris is still studying.

5)  Harper has gained 5 pounds.  Woo hoo!  We continue to mess with dosing and food, since not all is right digestion-wise, and she's still also on antibiotics, but I guess this is improvement.

6)  I WILL go to orchestra for the first time in 3 weeks tonight.  I MUST.  I'm supposed to bring snacks.  And the concerts are coming entirely too soon.  I'm such a slacker.

7)  A creepy guy that reminded me of my father-in-law (only in appearance) followed me around the grocery store last night trying to talk to me.  He actually said things like, "Ooh, muscle milk, do you think this will work for me?"  I'll reiterate, similar in age to my father-in-law.  I was highly disturbed and worried he'd follow me out.  Spent a lot of extra time hanging around the store hoping he'd left.  Ugh.

I suppose that's enough updates.  I'll try and find a happier topic to write about soon.  I don't figure ya'll want lengthy posts on all our crud.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh Katy. The creepy guy thing is funny....unless he followed me. Then not funny. But since it wasn't me, totally funny :)

    ReplyDelete