Thursday, May 5, 2011

37 Weeks and FULL TERM


Look what I learned to do!  I took a picture with a timer!  My face still looks funny, and it's not great quality since my fancy camera has been sent away for repairs AGAIN, but yay!  (Btw, CANON, the possibility that I won't have the camera for my son's birth?  REALLY doesn't make me happy.  And REALLY makes me want to not ever buy a Canon product again.)

I am 37 weeks pregnant, which means that I'm full term, ya'll!  The Lion could come tomorrow and, in theory, he'd be just peachy.  I'm going to ask that he waits until at least next Wednesday, though, so that my parents can get home from their cruise.  That'd just be considerate. 

BUT, we shall see if that happens.  I didn't think things were progressing at all, since I've actually had LESS contractions this week.  I thought my water had broken on Sunday, but I'll just leave it at that I was wrong.  Other than that?  Things had seemed pretty quiet.  So, when I went in for my doctor's appointment yesterday, I told her not to expect much.

You know what?  I was blissfully wrong!  I'm not dialated, but 80% effaced and at 0 station (meaning the head is locked and loaded).  That's actually pretty far along for a first timer!  I think Chris might've felt a little bit like fainting at that point.  But, then the appointment continued with even better news!  1)  I am negative for group B strep.  Woo!  2)  My blood pressure DROPPED by 20 points back to its more normal 100/60.  3)  My weight remained the same for the THIRD WEEK IN A ROW, which means I am still hanging in there at 29.5 pounds, and it looks like I have a chance of sticking with my "gaining less than 30" goal!

Ok, couple questions:

How are you feeling?  Not too bad.  LOTS of lower pressure, so walking's tougher, but not impossible.  The swelling is still around, but at least it's a bit cooler this week. 

How's the Lion?  Seemingly, great.  He still KICKS as much as ever.  Yes, you read that right.  None of that just "pushing" feeling.  Lil dude still full out uses me as a punching bag.  And he is STRONG.  You can see feet popping out.

How are the animals?  Not as good.  Monster's pretty much the same, but Harper has finally figured out that I'm pregnant and is making a brat of herself.  For instance, one night she peed on TWO OUT OF THREE beds in the house.  She just might be a little stressed. 

Alright, I've got to run, but things are looking great, and looking like they're going to happen soon!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear things are going well!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the Lion when he decides to grace us with his presence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katy. If you and I were pregnant together we would have to stop being friends. I gained 13 POUNDS IN MY LAST MONTH.

    But good for you.

    Really.

    ReplyDelete