I suppose that certain moments let your true colors shine through. Here are a few recent ones:
1) On Wednesday we had visitors in our office. My supervisor walked over to give me a heads up that they were coming in, and took one look at me and said, "Oh, you already know." Why you ask? I had actually blow dried my hair, was wearing make-up, and nice clothes. You'd think this wouldn't be so rare.
2) Also on Wednesday, my friend Laura and I were attempting to come home from our MOPS meeting, and my car wouldn't start. Not just not start, the key wouldn't turn. At all. My first reaction? "This is my car, right?"
3) When calling the car dealership to get the car looked at, I discovered that the service manager on the phone lived on my street, but we didn't know each other. I said, "We're the ones with the loud German Shepherd." "OHHHH, I know who you are!" *doh*
4) I have been to at least one grocery store every day this week. Either I'm a bored semi-stay-at-home-mom, or I just am that forgetful. I'm going with #2.
5) The animals both have decided that it is their job to check on the baby and to hang out in the nursery during middle-of-the-night wake-ups and feedings (that, because he is sick, have been running between 3-6 a night this week, again). I spend more time dog and cat wrangling, trying to get them out of the room when I'm done, than actually popping the pacifier in. GAH! Just hand me a lasso and call me Annie Oakley.