Thursday, October 22, 2009

Reading Lists

So my reading wish list has gotten out of control. My Amazon list is up to 136 or something crazy like that and I have MANY books on my shelves that I have not finished. Many GOOD books. Ranging from the last few pages of The World Without Us, to one of Gregory MacGuire's recent ones, to the Idiot, and on and on and on. I need to make a point of sitting down and reading more often. But of course, needing to exercise, finish house projects, and all of that get in the way. I WILL start reading and letting all of you know what I think again soon. For now, I'll review a book I'm ALMOST done with...c'mon I'm on 921 of 979 pages, it's taking me awhile, but I'm close.



The Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind
Enjoying it a LOT. It's the sequel to The Wizard's First Rule (The basis for the television show Legend of the Seeker...which I have never watched). It's kind of the standard fantasy, journey epic, but not entirely predictable. It's not like the blatant rip-off of Tolkien that I discussed in the past (and won't bother to name again). This doesn't really involve other species (e.g. elves, trolls, the like), but does have a magical element, and is more political. Highly recommended for those of you that enjoy this sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment